Businesses spend hugely on reputation management, but can you really manage your online image? Experts believe that online reputation is all about keeping up the positive vibe of your brand, and that can be a real challenge. It’s a mix of online reputation management and reputation protection, and it’s advisable to hire a professional company for the job. As a brand, you need to have the right approach, and below are some suggestions and tips for help.
- First things first, hire a real service. Most marketing companies claim great things about reputation management, but only a few can achieve results. You need to know if a company is experienced enough for the job. Don’t shy away from asking questions about their work, and if required, check some of their existing projects. You can also ask for client references, especially when you want to know the company better.
- Once you have a service for the task, you need to have a clear plan in place. Ask as many questions as possible, with regards to basic tools and strategies. You need to know if the company is working with genuine tools and strategies. It’s important to have a clean approach towards the job, because extensive promotions may backfire in some cases.
- Negative comments are likely to come at some point. There’s no way that you can please all customers, but what you can certainly do is manage the damage. Don’t delete everything negative. The company you hire will try to maintain a responsive image of your company. If a client comments about customer service, your team will respond with an assurance of fair probe. Don’t fear negativity. It’s a part and parcel of the online promotions.
- Focus on creating contents that matter. Good posts and content still make an impact and will never go out of fashion. You need to create a content plan that will consist of regular engaging posts along with press releases. Direct promotions are important, but you also need to focus on being responsive with customers.
- Finally, try to mix other marketing tools for better results. Social media marketing and guest blogging can help with reputation management in a big way. Talk to the hired service to know about their approach in this regard. It’s best to discuss the possible options and tools and the kind of investment that’s required for the work.